Flexible packaging material needs 3 important properties:
• Good printing properties (transparency, gloss, adhesion of the inks, etc.)
• The right barrier properties (WVTR, OTR, grease resistant, etc.)
• Excellent machinability (sealing properties, COF, tear-resistance, bond-strength, etc.)
According to the product and application, requirements may be multiple and can be optimized by using different types of plastic, making it a so-called complex laminate.
Materials available for creating your mutiple layer laminate: PP, PE, PET, ALU, OPA, Paper.
The right laminate is subject to the following aspects:
• product (weight, form) to be packed
• shelf-life and required barrier
• the type of final bag (pillow-pouch, gusseted bag, stand-up pouch / Doy-Pack)
• machine speed
• the type of sealing.
• Easy opening
• marketing and legislations
• printing technique
• sustainability commitments
Our technical support experts assist you in finding the multiple layer laminate that meets all the requirements in combination with your packaging machinery.
Today’s challenge is to replace / reduce complex laminates or make them better recyclable, preserving all necessary functions. Read more in recycle.